J&R Ross Agency, L.L.C., a professional legal recruiting firm, is seeking a Legal Assistant to join an established rapidly growing law firm. This role is a perfect fit for a Legal Assistant who is interested in joining an established law firm with a host of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and Profit Sharing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts and reviews legal correspondence including thoroughly proofreading for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
- Prepares and collects conflict of interest checks, opens new files and maintains client files.
- Maintains attorneys’ calendars with hearing dates, filing deadlines, and other dates of importance.
- Makes client and client-related appointments for attorneys as necessary.
- Professional demeanor with all Firm’s clients, attorneys, staff and vendors. Including responding to messages and requests in a timely manner and performing job duties with enthusiasm and a genuine perceivable zest to be of service.
- Familiar with state and US Federal Court Case Management/Electronic Case File (CM/ECF)/PACER system, including submission of electronic filings.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, or other similar software programs necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
- Provide assistance to others within firm when requested based on priorities of current work-in-hand, promoting teamwork and mutual cooperation among all staff members.
Qualifications and Experience:
- One to two years litigation secretarial experience.
- Experience maintaining paperless files. iManage experience a plus.
- Knowledge of service deadlines for various litigation tasks, including familiarity of the California Code of Civil Procedure.
- Must successfully pass a background and drug screen.