J&R Ross Agency, L.L.C., a professional employment agency, is seeking a Warehouse Associate in Forest Park, GA.
The position of Warehouse Associate is responsible for partial aspects of warehouse functions and office and administrative work including the inspection of custom bonded freight, receiving, storing, handling, shipping and preparing of product for customer delivery while having working knowledge of International transportation, US Customs & other government agency clearances
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives material coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly.
- Secretarial and administrative duties- data entry for warehouse receipts
- Safely and securely operate forklift machinery.
- Verifies the quantity and description of materials received by checking merchandise against the packing list.
- Appropriately report/record any discrepancies.
- Enter quantity received against the purchase order in the computer system and print back order and inventory stock put away list.
- Preparation of all shipping documentation.
- Forklift operation certification.
- Knowledge of customs bonded freight and TSA requirements.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft office, excel, and word.
- Be able to identify product by size, type, style, color or product code.
- Solid reading skills – must be able to read orders/match orders on shipping tickets to items picked. Ability to understand and execute instructions.
- General understanding of the warehouse and footprint Operate inventory control equipment, i.e., bar-coding equipment, handheld devices.
Education High school diploma or GED required.
Able to move/lift up to 50 lbs unassisted Able to withstand temperatures in a typical warehouse environment