J&R Ross Agency, L.L.C., a professional recruiting firm, is seeking a full-time permanent Maintenance Technician to join an established state agency in Covington, GA. This is a full-time position with paid state holidays; accrued annual and sick leave; and the State of Georgia Flexible Benefits Program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Constructs, maintains, repairs, renovates and relocates fixtures, furniture, and equipment and bulk items
- Performs preventive maintenance on all major facility systems including structural, painting, HVAC, plumbing and electrical
- Uses and maintains appropriate tools and equipment
- Performs vehicle minor maintenance and diagnostic checks for road worthiness
- Inspects function of automatic doors
- Assist in moving heavy items and personnel relocation
- Ensures grounds are kept free of debris and trash
- May coordinate the work of maintenance and custodial staff as needed
- A high school degree or GED *and* One (1) year of experience in a skilled trade (electrical, carpentry, plumbing) or building maintenance.
- All applicants must complete an online application and upload resume, unofficial transcripts, and cover letter. Official Transcripts are required within 60 days of employment.
- Must have a working knowledge of facilities mechanical and structural equipment and systems
- Must be able to read, interpret and apply construction plans, specifications
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have the ability to lift, push, and carry heavy items
- Must have valid Georgia driver’s license or work permit and have a form of reliable transportation
- A background screening will be conducted
- Two years working experience in a large scale maintenance facility
- Experience with Tracer, and Daikin control systems are a plus
- Forklift certification is a plus
- Knowledge of maintenance and repair, welding, HVAC, carpentry, electricity, plumbing, etc., tools, equipment and materials and facility repairs
- Working skill in diagnosing maintenance and repair