J&R Ross Agency, L.L.C., a professional legal recruiting firm, is seeking a Local Government Transaction Attorney to join an established rapidly growing law firm. This role is a perfect fit for an attorney with local government experience who is interested in joining an established law firm with a host of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and Profit Sharing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and review legislation, including ordinances and resolutions;
- Draft and negotiate contracts, including professional services agreements and construction contracts, memorandums of understanding and intergovernmental agreements;
- Oversee real estate transactions, including abandonments of public right-of-way, easements, encroachments and closings;
- High quality contract drafting and review skills;
- Excellent client service skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Required Professional Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited college or university
- Actively practicing law for at least five (5) years
- Ability to foster and maintain cohesive working relationships
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills