J&R Ross Agency, LLC, a professional legal recruiting firm, is seeking a Legal Secretary to join an established rapidly growing law firm. This role is a perfect fit for a Legal Secretary who is interested in joining an established law firm with a host of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability.
Salary: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Must have 3+ years Litigation experience
- This position is not a remote position and will require you to be in office
- Knowledge of litigation (e-filings) and trial procedures, and federal and state court procedures and rules
- Must know Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience working with a document management system
- Strong interpersonal relationship skill
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and work independently
- Work well under pressure, remain flexible, be proactive, resourceful and efficient
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prepare pleadings and discovery documents for filing and service
- Prepare court forms such as California Judicial Council Forms for attorneys review
- Schedule depositions with attorneys, clients, witnesses, and court reporters
- Schedule conference calls and on-site/off-site meetings
- Arrange and coordinate travel arrangements
- Calendar depositions, hearings, trials and all associated dates.
- Manage Outlook calendar of all appointments, conferences and meetings
- Open new matters, run conflict checks for partner’s review, prepare engagement letters
- Document management and organization, saving documents and emails to document management system.
- Become familiar with court rules and filing procedures
- Prepare cover letters for attorney bills
- Submit attorneys expense reports
- Manage bills for third party vendors, process check requests and follow up with accounting
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to prioritize, have a high level of organizational skills and possess a strong work ethic. This is truly a team environment and your legal knowledge, skills and reliability will be rewarded here! Employees are offered a generous benefits package and work with a great team.