J&R Ross Agency, L.L.C., a professional legal recruiting firm, is seeking a Legal Assistant-Civil Litigation Defense with 3+ years of experience to join an established and rapidly growing law firm. This position requires very strong MS Word; Excel skills; and a minimum typing speed of 75 wpm. This role is a perfect fit for a Legal Secretary with insurance defense experience, who is interested in joining a premier law firm with a host of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability and Profit Sharing.
The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Draft, transcribe, proofread, edit and file court documents and related correspondence, memorandum, pleadings and related documents
- E-file documents with local, state, federal and appellate courts and assist with paper filing in office
- Handle the incoming and outgoing mail for the attorneys supported
- Maintain team and court calendars and keep attorneys aware of scheduled events and approaching deadlines
- Schedule deposition, meetings and conference calls
- Assist with travel arrangements when necessary and reserve conference rooms
- Communicate by phone and email with clients, maintaining professionalism and a high level of customer service at all times
- Maintain files on a regular basis and process expense reports
Required Skills and Experience:
- High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Type at least 75 wpm
- Five or more years of legal litigation assistance experience is required, large law firm experience is a plus
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to prioritize, have a high level of organizational skills and possess a strong work ethic. This is truly a team environment and your legal knowledge, skills and reliability will be rewarded here! Employees are offered a generous benefits package and great working environment.