Associate Attorney-Construction/Environmental Litigation
J&R Ross Agency, LLC, a professional legal recruiting firm, is seeking an Associate Attorney with construction and environmental litigation experience. This role is a perfect fit for an attorney interested in joining an established law firm with a host of growth opportunities.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance.
Position responsibilities include:
- Represent owners, general contractors and subcontractors in commercial construction negotiations, contracts, and disputes
- Draft and negotiate construction contracts on behalf of contractors and owners and have a good working knowledge of AIA forms
- Handle bid protests and contract claims
- Oversee discovery, trial or arbitration and settlement of construction related disputes
- Assist in other complex litigation and related practice areas as needed
Successful candidate will demonstrate:
- 3-5 years of civil litigation experience
- Excellent analytical and critical reasoning skills
- 3+ years of experience practicing construction law with a sophisticated construction boutique firm or the construction section of a large law firm
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently and within a strong team
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to prioritize, have a high level of organizational skills and possess a strong work ethic. This is truly a team environment and your legal knowledge, skills and reliability will be rewarded here! Employees are offered a generous benefits package and work environment.