Associate Attorney-Medical Malpractice
J&R Ross Agency, LLC, a professional legal recruiting firm, is seeking an attorney with 6+ years of medical malpractice/health law and trial experience. This role is a perfect fit for an attorney who is interested in joining an established law firm and enjoys litigating. Experienced lateral hires will have an opportunity for immediate and substantial client contact and will work directly with the Practice Group Chair representing hospitals, medical centers, and health care professionals in medical and dental liability actions, defending credentialing matters, and managing privacy breaches of all sizes. In addition, the firm also handles other complex civil litigation including corporate, transportation and a host of other areas.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive salary complemented by a full, comprehensive benefits package including Medical Insurance, Vision Plan, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401k. This firm also offers a healthy work-life balance with a billable requirement of 1900 hours.
Salary Range: $150,000 – $170,000
• Drafting pleadings and motions
• Drafting and responding to written discovery
• Conducting and defending depositions
• Appearing in court and arguing motions
• Preparing for and attending multi-party, complex civil trials
Education and Qualification Requirements
• Juris Doctor (JD) from accredited law school
• Admission to DC bar (required)
• Admission(s) to MD and/or VA preferred with expectation to apply for admission to DC
• 6+ years civil litigation – medical malpractice defense litigation experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, prior experience as a Journal editor preferred
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task a diverse caseload and meet deadlines
• Self-starter who takes ownership of executing tasks
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid vacation and sick leave, and an emphasis on work/life balance.
• Associate attorneys are eligible to participate in the Firm’s billable-hours bonus program.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and able to prioritize, have a high level of organizational skills and possess a strong work ethic. This is truly a team environment and your legal knowledge, skills and reliability will be rewarded here! Employees are offered a generous benefits package and work with a great team.